Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Lion


So, I've had this lion colored in for awhile, but haven't been able to incorporate it into any of my cards yet! I really wanted to use it for the Penny Black challenge.
Every time I attempted the scalloped layers, it reminded me of a Disney princess' ball gown.  Don't get me wrong here, I'm a big fan of Belle and Cinderella but somehow it just didn't mesh with my lion!  After seeing my good friend Ashley M's card, I had what Oprah would call an "Ah Ha!" moment!  Thanks Ashley for the inspiration!  I felt the rigid, angled lines better fit my lion!  After much debate, I purposefully left off a sentiment on this card because I felt it could go either birthday party or baby shower!
TFL!
Supplies:
Penny Black ROAR
Patterned Paper & Button: PaperTrey Ink

2 comments:

Ashley M said...

Awesome card Heather! Glad I could give you a little inspiration. Love the blog make over too! So pretty!

Anonymous said...

SO cute! :)