Saturday, September 14, 2013

Celebrate

Hello weekend!  I'm over on the Fresh Squeezed Stamps blog today sharing this card. 
To create this card, I stamped the bows first, then I added the string then lightbulbs.  To add color to the light bulbs, I masked the outside of them and used a sponge dauber and an ink pad to add color!  I use this technique a lot because of the neat texture it adds to the images!

All the images are from String Me Along and the sentiment is from Everyday Expressions.

8 comments:

Marianne said...

Such a perfect CAS card. Love it. Thanks for the masking tip, I'll try to remember it LOL.

Tracey McNeely said...

Great card Heather and fun technique!

Shannon J said...

So sweet, Heather! Love how you coloured the lights :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a cute banner card! Love it!

Taheerah said...

Beautiful colours here, love your soft sponging here!

~amy~ said...

Way too cute!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Brilliant use of the light bulbs!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Hello cutie you mean! Love it!