Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Go-to Gal Designer Challenge: Hazel & Ruby

This is my 2nd post of the day!  
For my Lil' Inker Designs July Release Blog Hop - click HERE or scroll down!

*******

It's the last Wednesday of the month and you know what that means...
Go-to Gal Designer Challenge time!  

This month, it's all about Hazel & Ruby!

Hazel & Ruby has some amazing crafting products - perfect for every project you could possibly think of!  

I especially love their papers!  They're 18" tall by really really long (144") wide.  You can use them for gift wrap and projects.  I actually just used the last of my first tube. :)
Rainbow hearts - need I say more? 
Newsprint floral.  Yes please!

So, I have two projects for you today that use Hazel & Ruby products. The first, I'm pretty excited about.  I know I've shared sneaks and tidbits on Instagram and Facebook - but I just had built in craft room added to our house.  YAY!  

With that means all of my existing craft furniture had to hit the road.  However, just a few months before I purchased a pair of white bookshelves.  I decided to move one of them into my daughter's room... but I thought it would be fun to give it a little Hazel & Ruby overhaul!
Plain white.  Basic and in great shape.  However, I wanted to give them a little pop.  

So, I trimmed 2 different papers from the Hazel & Ruby Paperie collection and lined the inside of my bookshelf.  WAY MORE FUN!
Forgive the sub-par styling here - it's rather late and I am not risking waking that girl up for props.  :)  I love how it gives this plain bookshelf a little added pop of color while not committing to the level of paint.  

How fun would it be to do this same project but on a completely up crafting furniture piece?  I so want to paint that bookshelf... 

One more project for you... 
and this was actually my first project but I had the paper out and got sidetracked with the bookshelf project!  I had my husband cut down a piece of plywood and I covered it with that Newsprint Floral paper.  Then I matted a frame with burlap and adhered it to the front.  I love how this turned out.  Handmade and perfect for the craft room!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Be sure to check out what the other Go-to Gals came up with - you know it's going to be fabulous!

Heather Campbell <-- That's me!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute frame! thanks for sharing!

Margaret said...

I'm a paper nut and will put it anywhere! If I don't watch out, my whole house will be covered in beautiful paper. Love the bookshelf!

Carol McCready said...

Love the bookshelf.

Miriam Prantner said...

Love how they dress up the bookshelves and that is the sweetest photo of you two!

cghundley said...

Wonderful look
for the book shelf!
How fun this would
be to do.
Carla from Utah

Lindsey said...

Awesome! Especially love the darling frame you created with the even more adorable photo inside.

Helen Gullett said...

LOVE that frame!!!! Super gorgeous papers!

Linsey R said...

Wow! That is superb! You are ultra inspiring!!! TFS :)